Srinagar, February 21, 2026 : Leader of Opposition Sunil Sharma on Saturday launched a sharp attack on the Jammu and Kashmir Government, alleging that the outsourcing of nearly 23,000 jobs has shattered the dreams of unemployed youth across the Union Territory.
Addressing reporters after a mega BJP joining programme at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Conference Centre, Sharma said the government had “sold jobs” instead of filling vacancies through a transparent recruitment process.
“The Omar Abdullah government has outsourced around 23,000 posts over the last two years. This is a huge betrayal of poor and unemployed youth and a decision that has completely shattered their aspirations,” Sharma said, warning the government to roll back the move or face the “wrath of the youth of Jammu and Kashmir.”
He cited a written reply submitted in the Legislative Assembly to a question raised by Sajad Lone, which revealed that 22,886 posts had been outsourced during the period under review.
The BJP leader said his party would expose the government on employment issues and accused the ruling dispensation of failing to safeguard the future of young people.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi ensured security and stability for the youth, but the Abdullahs have taken away their jobs,” he alleged.
Sharma also claimed that the Abdullah and Mufti families had misled people about the BJP to keep them away from the party, but asserted that the growing participation of youth and political activists in BJP events reflects increasing acceptance of the party in Kashmir.
Commenting on Mehbooba Mufti questioning the Indo-US trade deal, Sharma said the PDP should instead question the National Conference-led government in Jammu and Kashmir. He alleged that the PDP and NC were “friends,” exposing what he termed their “dual character.”
“The people of Kashmir should trust the BJP. We will hold both these families accountable,” Sharma said












